Tuesday, July 28, 2015

I need a fuh-king outlet

I find myself feeling bad over my rants. Latest rant - white privilege and its "discovery" of shit particular folks of color have been doing forever. It's one thing to appreciate and respect a culture, it's another to appropriate and act like it never existed prior to your touch. That aside, I spoke to folks in my org and went through the motions of - I'm just preaching to the choir; did I just wanna hear myself speak?; how do I re-direct this energy into something more productive. 

I don't know what that is. I find myself wanting to write, and usually just fall back into the habit of writing for myself. Then that prompts the question - well, maybe I'm still writing for myself in this blog? 

These fears of vulnerability and judgment are stifling me. How am I gonna get where I wanna go if I'm constantly acting as my own obstacle? 

No comments:

Post a Comment